July 30, 2015
ALWAYS LOOK FOR YOUR GIFTS!
(in other words what gifts do you have to offer?)
I always have an event every July called Christmas in July! (sound familiar?) I first started doing this a few years back when the economy was not so great and I had a lot of folks tell me that they could not afford an angel reading. My angels guided me to be creative and think of a way to offer angel readings for no money.
Christmas in July was born! Basically I offered readings for “barter” and really encouraged folks to think outside of the box because everyone has a gift to offer! Over the years I have received: apples from their tree, a picture frame, movie passes, handmade gifts, flowers and vegetables from the garden. This year was amazing with the creativity and the lovely cards and notes.
This year’s challenge was I did not have a “physical space” since I closed my studio. I chose the local park by the library and it was great. We had a few snafoos with the police arriving due to a local man yelling and scaring folks while he passed through. (We found out he is a mentally challenged veteran who does yell as he passes through and is harmless.)
Rain suddenly pouring down and it was hotter than blazes! All in all a fun day!
The gifts of that day?
- Lovely creative gifts from some really awesome folks.
- An appreciation for our veterans and a new awareness for the struggles this one particular gentleman has.
- An opportunity to give an angel reading to a local officer and thank him for his service.
- Understanding angel folks who were patient with my schedule being way off!
- Peace with continuing the tradition of Christmas in July even with great changes this year!
I am always reminded by my angels to roll with whatever comes my way and I am so grateful for that! Please remember that we all have something to offer even if it is just a prayer for someone! Here is to an excellent angel filled day for you all and don’t forget “always look for the gift”.